Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Change of Lifestyle - About Time

I have been lazy again when it comes to my blog, We have been doing quite a bit of finishing things at the lake and a few projects in town.  We did bring home the "for sale" sign from the lake for the Missoula relator.  I need to get back on my editing of my book, I have done little in the last 2-3 weeks with that.

I joined the Y today and worked out.  I was going to join the Peak a real nice club on the way to Lolo, the facility is beautiful, after some thought however I decided to look at the Y and decided that would do just fine.  $15 less to join, $19 a month less and a lot closer to home.

Here was my first workout:  8 minutes on the bike (Campus ride on the new bikes - 2 miles), 12 minutes on the machine that works your arms and legs as you sort of run and 1 1/2 minute cool down, 5 laps on the track, 15 minutes in the hot tub and 7 minutes in the sauna.  I felt good until about 1 hour later and now I feel it in my upper back, not used to pulling on the handles.  I intend to keep this up I feel I have to do this or die.  I have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes and am grossly overweight - so now is the time.  I am reading a book - that is pretty good except all the parts about evolution etc, the other science is good and I know I have to do this.  The book is called "Younger Next Year" by Chris Crowley and Henry S.Lodge, M.D. .   I still plan to get back to walking in the mountains when I can, but the Y will help and will encourage moire daily activity.  Also as the weather worsens it will make this easier.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment